Using the ocean without using it up
Marine biologist Ayana Johnson has a plan to bring back the fish, one island at a time. To do it, she'll have to drink a lot of beer.
Originally posted on May 4, 2015
MoveOn.org8 million progressives fighting for change.
- Learn more about the Waitt Institute here, and the Blue Halo Initiative here.
- Check out Ayana Johnson's blog post announcing the news that the BHI expanded to Curaçao and Montserrat—the first, we hope, of many islands to come.
- Ayana writes regularly for National Geographic. Read all her posts here.
- video of a parrotfish pooping sand
Music Credits (in order of appearance)
- Digi G'Alessio - int.early.hood from the album Love, Beats and Pina Coladas
- Royalty Free Kings - Cruel Intent
- Charlie - Town Hall from the album Roots and Bells